From Motown to Christmas Town
Our Frankenmuth Woolen Mill is a part of a small community that is one of Michigan’s most popular tourist attractions. Located an easy hour and half drive north of Detroit the city of Frankenmuth shines brightly as America’s Christmas Town.
Decades before Detroit became the Motor City the Frankenmuth Woolen Mill was built and opened in downtown Frankenmuth, MI.
As Detroit flourished it became known for much more than automobiles. The city’s list of monikers grew to include “The Arsenal of Democracy”, “The Paris of the Midwest”, “Hockey Town” and maybe the easiest on the ears nickname of “Motown”.
Through the past 124 years the Frankenmuth Woolen Mill has been providing “wool bedding” hits that have topped the beds of sleepers all over the country.
In keeping with the Motown theme we have come up with the Frankenmuth Woolen Mill’s all-time Top Ten sleep hits…
1 . ABC (Good Sleep is as Easy as 1,2,3.) ~ The Jackson Flock
- Papa Was a Rolling Stone (Now He Sleeps Like a Stone) ~ Temptations
- You Make Me Feel (Like I’m Sleeping on All Natural Bedding) ~ Aretha Franklin- the Queen of Sleep
- My Bed Don’t Feel Like a Brickhouse ~ the Commodores
- Uptight (Not Any More Cause my New Bedding is Out of Sight) ~ Stevie Wonder
- Stop! (In the Name of Good Sleep)~ Supremes
- Ain’t Too Proud To Beg (For a Good Night’s Sleep) ~ Temptations
- All Night Long (Sleeping Good All Night Long)~ Lionel Richie
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough (To Keep Me From Going to Bed) ~ Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
- It Takes Two (Pillows) - Marvin Gaye & Kim Weston
*** No sheep were harmed in the production of this top ten list***