You have three good options for cleaning your wool bedding.
1. If your bedding is not soiled we recommend letting Mother Nature do the work for you. It's simple: Just put items that need freshening outside on a dry, sunny day. Give each item a good shake and hang it on a clothesline. Flip the bedding after a couple of hours to air out all sides, and bring them inside before the evening dew starts to settle. Sun will naturally deodorize, bleach, disinfect, and revitalize your bedding.
2. If you have stains or want more of a deep cleaning we recommend that you take advantage of our 129 plus years of knowledge in caring for wool bedding. Simply put your name, address, email & phone number on paper and place it with your comforter in a box. Write launder on the outside of the box and send the box to…
Frankenmuth Woolen Mill
C/O Launder Department
570 S. Main Street
Frankenmuth, MI 48734
We will professional hand clean and dry your comforter and return it to you in a new, breathable storage bag, normally within 2 to 4 weeks.
3. If you are more of a DIY person follow these steps to do your own cleaning.
- Fill Bathtub (or laundry tub) with warm water & detergent.
- Gently place your comforter in tub and SOAK ONLY.
- Keep temperature even for wash and rinse.
- Treat spot with color safe spot removers.
- Does not twist, wring, or agitate.
- Fabric softeners may be added to rinse water.
- Drain water out- this should be done by gently pressing on the comforter/mattress topper.
Never use a washer or dryer; this includes the hand wash cycle. Remember that any agitation and or even a mild temperature change will shrink your wool comforter.
Do not dry clean.
To find out even more, click here for one of our blogs on bedding care.